UPDATE: There will also be another presentation earlier on the same date aimed at prospective cadets. This presentation will outline various teams at our squadron, as well as introduce many of the senior cadets at the squadron. It will be held in the same meeting room as the rest of the open house, but will commence at 6:00PM and go to approximately 7:30PM. If you have already signed up, you do not need to signup again.
918 Griffon RCACS will be holding an online open house in the evening of 18th September 2020. This event will allow any interested families or individuals to get an understanding of the program, as well as specifics to our squadron.
- Two live presentations will be run sequentially through google meets (one cadet focused, one parent/guardian focused)
- Sign up is required to receive the invite to the online presentation
- Presentations will be from 1800 hrs (6pm) – 1930hrs (7:30pm), and 2000 hrs (8pm) – 2100 hrs (9pm)
- While we encourage you to attend both presentations, only the parent presentation is mandatory for registration
- New recruit training will take place over the following 2 weeks, introducing new cadets to the staff, teaching fundamental knowledge of being a cadet (ranks, uniform, etc), and culminates in one in person training day in early October, and another at the end of October
- After the new recruit training period, new cadets will participate in the program as normal
- All registration paperwork must be completed and verified prior to participating in any cadet events
Due to limitations on in person activities, we may have to limit the number of new cadets we can accept this training year. If your child is not at least 12 years old by the beginning of October, or we hit our maximum intake, you are still welcome to come to the open house but will need to wait until our next recruitment period to register.
If you have any questions, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message at (587)-664-9189.