The Cadet Program is funded by the DND in partnership with the Air Cadet League of Canada. The civilian sponsor requires local community support to meet its obligations including accommodations, training aids and equipment, and program enhancements not otherwise provided.
In order to sustain our operations and maintain a high level of standard for all of our cadets, volunteers, and staff, the squadron needs your participation as well as your financial support.
There are many ways to donate financially to the 918 Squadron, including via bank cheques, eTransfer, and direct cash donations over $20.00. The Squadron will issue tax receipts for all donations.
- To send an e-transfer: 1) Log into your online or mobile banking app.
2) Choose “Add Recipient” and type in email@example.com
3) Enter the dollar amount. (No security question is required.)
- Please make all cheques payable to 918 Griffon Squadron Sponsoring Committee
To date in 2022/23, there are 38 family names donated but only 2 gave consent to post their names on the website: Ning Li (for Jessica and Andrew Li) and Dax Dev Consulting (for Jaden Lee).
Thank you so much for supporting the 918 Squadron.
Please also join us and participate in the following events.
Want to Donate your Empty Bottles?
918 SSC has set up 3 bottle depots where you can do that in just a few simple steps. You can also help to spread the word to your friends, neighbors, or anyone that you know. All the proceeds will go towards the operational cost of the squadron and enhancing our cadets’ experience.
The 3 bottle depots that have been set up are:
1. Beddington Heights Bottle Depot (111, 20 Country Hills Landing NW)
2. North Hill Bottle Depot (336 41st Ave NE)
3. Sage Hill Bottle Depot (70 Sage Hill Plaza NW)
Here are the steps to ensure that your donations go to the squadron.
1. Bag your bottles and ensure that each bag is properly tagged with 918 Griffon RCACS.
2. Drop off at your desired bottle depot. You do not even need to stay for the count, you can leave, and the depot will take care of the rest! That is how easy it is. Should you wish to stay for the count, just let them know that you would like to donate the proceeds to 918 Griffon RCACS.
918 SSC would also like to thank you in advance for your generous support.
Want to Purchase Air Cadets Calendar to Fund the 918 Squadron?
The Air Cadets Calendar is on sale now. $20 per calendar, $6 back to the squadron. Remember the money we raise will also help to keep up the operation of camps, gliders and other equipment. Extra calendars are also available to any parents who would like to take and sell them outside the squadron (neighbors, friends, colleagues, relatives). Please show your support for the squadron by swinging by to pick up your share of the calendars.
Apple Sales to Fund Directly to the 918 Squadron
Please come to pick up your apples between 3-6pm on Tuesday, October 25 at Good Shepherd Church.. We will be the church to help deliver and distribute apples. If you can not show up, please ask your family or friend to pick up. To make sure we give the right apples to the right person, please show your apple order confirmation email.
The pickup location is Good Shepherd Church, 6311 Norfolk Dr NW, Calgary, AB T2K 5J8.
The apple sale was finished. Thank you everyone for your help and time. We raised $680 in this apple sale.