The open house session introduces the air cadet program and 918 Griffon Squadron to prospective cadets and their parents, as well as having an open Q&A to help address questions or concerns. This allows prospective cadets and their parents to confirm their interest in the program before handing in completed enrolment forms.
Registration is now closed for the 2022-2023 training year. We will have our next open house and registration process in mid-September 2023. You could fill in an online application and become part of our waitlist when the next open house is scheduled.
To fill in an online application, you could go to the following site:
When registering type in 918 to get our unit.
Minimum Membership Requirements
- Be a legal resident of Canada (i.e. Canadian citizen, permanent resident, student visa, refugee status)
- Provide proof of provincial health insurance (Alberta Health Care Card Preferred) or equivalent
- Be at least 12 years of age
- not have attained 19 years of age
- not belong to another corps or squadron
- be acceptable to the Commanding Officer of the squadron
http://918aircadets.ca/about/ – Recruiting FAQ
http://918aircadets.ca/?page_id=1296 – if you are a transferring cadet
http://918aircadets.ca/joinus/ – What are cadets