|Next Open House:||Jan 2021|
Registration is currently open for the 2020-2021 training year.
Registration and enrolment for 918 Griffon Squadron is currently open. Missed our 18 Sep open house? No problem. You can still register and enroll during our Fall 2020 intake by sending us an email and requesting the enrolment package. Enrolment tasks must be completed before 4 Oct 2020.
A second registration period is planned for early 2021, in the January timeframe, pending further COVID-19 developments.
Steps to joining 918 Squadron (pre-COVID-19)
- Meet minimum membership requirements (listed below)
- Review website information regarding the cadet program and 918 Griffon Squadron
- Attend an open house for more information and to enrol
- Potential cadets and parent/guardian should both attend
- Bring a copy of your provincial health card, proof of legal residency (ex: Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian birth certificate, permanent resident card, student visa), and birth certificate (or equivalent).
- Be prepared to fill in three forms: DND2570, CF1158, & Cadet Code of Conduct.
- Attend recruit training session (strongly recommended)
Minimum Membership Requirements
- Be a legal resident of Canada (i.e. Canadian citizen, permanent resident, student visa, refugee status)
- Provide proof of provincial health insurance coverage or equivalent
- Be at least 12 years of age
- not have attained 19 years of age
- normally be in good physical condition
- not belong to another corps or squadron
- be acceptable to the Commanding Officer of the squadron