|Next Open House:||14 Jan 2021|
Registration is currently open.
Registration and enrolment for 918 Griffon Squadron is currently open. The first step in the enrolment process is to sign up and attend our virtual open house. Our traditionally in-person open house has been replaced with a virtual session due to COVID-19.
This open house session introduces the air cadet program and 918 Griffon Squadron to prospective cadets and their parents, as well as having an open Q&A to help address questions or concerns before completing enrolment forms.
Steps to joining 918 Squadron (pre-COVID-19)
- Meet minimum membership requirements (listed below)
- Review website information regarding the cadet program and 918 Griffon Squadron
- Attend an open house for more information and to enrol
- Potential cadets and parent/guardian should both attend
- Bring a copy of your provincial health card, proof of legal residency (ex: Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian birth certificate, permanent resident card, student visa), and birth certificate (or equivalent).
- Be prepared to fill in two forms initially, for basic cadet enrolment: CF1158, & Cadet Code of Conduct. Additional forms may follow, if/as required.
- Attend recruit training session (strongly recommended)
Minimum Membership Requirements
- Be a legal resident of Canada (i.e. Canadian citizen, permanent resident, student visa, refugee status)
- Provide proof of provincial health insurance coverage or equivalent
- Be at least 12 years of age
- not have attained 19 years of age
- normally be in good physical condition
- not belong to another corps or squadron
- be acceptable to the Commanding Officer of the squadron