The open house session introduces the air cadet program and 918 Griffon Squadron to prospective cadets and their parents, as well as having an open Q&A to help address questions or concerns. This allows prospective cadets and their parents to confirm their interest in the program before handing in completed enrolment forms.
Registration is now closed for the September 2023 intake. We will have our next open house and registration process in mid-January 2024. You could fill in an online application and become part of our waitlist when the next open house is scheduled.
To fill in an online application, you could go to the following site: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/cadets-junior-canadian-rangers/cadets/join-us.html
When registering type in 918 to get our unit.
Once you have filled in an online application and we will place you on the wait list for January 2024 and will provide instructions closer to that date about when you can bring in the Identification documents etc. Or you can always check this cadet squadron finder to see if there is another unit who is able to take you at this time: https://app.cadets.gc.ca/directory-repertoirev3/en/cadet-directory.html
Minimum Membership Requirements
- Be a legal resident of Canada (i.e. Canadian citizen, permanent resident, student visa, refugee status)
- Provide proof of provincial health insurance (Alberta Health Care Card Preferred) or equivalent
- Be at least 12 years of age
- not have attained 19 years of age
- not belong to another corps or squadron
- be acceptable to the Commanding Officer of the squadron
http://918aircadets.ca/about/ – Recruiting FAQ
http://918aircadets.ca/?page_id=1296 – if you are a transferring cadet
http://918aircadets.ca/joinus/ – What are cadets