Registration is currently open.
Open House Date: Monday, September 19, 2022
Open House Time: 6:15pm – 9:00pm
Open House will be held on Monday, September 19, 2022, and further details will be posted soon.
Please sign up for the event using the following form:
Registration and enrolment for 918 Griffon Squadron are currently open. The first step in the enrolment process is to sign up and attend our open house. As we are stepping out of COVID-19, we will be returning to our traditional in-person open house.
The open house session introduces the air cadet program and 918 Griffon Squadron to prospective cadets and their parents, as well as having an open Q&A to help address questions or concerns. This allows prospective cadets and their parents to confirm their interest in the program before handing in completed enrolment forms.
Step to joining 918 Squadron
1. Meet minimum membership requirements (listed below)
2. For the September 2022 intake the cadet must be between 12 and 18 years of age as of Saturday, September 24 2022, and your application paperwork must be fully completed by Wednesday, September 21 2022 in order for your cadet to be enrolled in this intake
3. Attend the open house (Monday, September 19) for more information and to enroll potential cadets and parent/guardian should both attend.
a. Bring a copy of your provincial health card.
b. Bring proof of legal residency (ex: Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian birth certificate, permanent resident card, student visa), and birth certificate (or equivalent).
c. For basic cadet enrolment, go to https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/cadets-junior-canadian-rangers/cadets/join-us.html you may complete CF1158 by clicking ‘Register Now’, input ‘918 Griffon Royal Canadian Air Cadets Squadron’ and your personal information. Also please print and sign the Cadet Code of Conduct (the link is on the existing website you can re-link it here) and bring or email it to admin at firstname.lastname@example.org
d. Additional forms may follow, if/as required.
4. Attend Ex Griffon Recruits training session (strongly recommended) Saturday, September 24, 2022
Minimum Membership Requirements
• Be a legal resident of Canada (i.e. Canadian citizen, permanent resident, student visa, refugee status)
• Provide proof of provincial health insurance (Alberta Health Care Card Preferred) or equivalent
• Be at least 12 years of age
• not have attained 19 years of age
• not belong to another corps or squadron
• be acceptable to the Commanding Officer of the squadron
For more information about the Cadets program, Please visit the federal government cadets site: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/cadets-junior-canadian-rangers/cadets.html